Written by Jamie
Here is one of those classic Argentine things that you have to figure out once living in Argentina.
The proper number sequence when dialing a cell phone throughout the greater Argentine area is not as clear as one might believe.
One would think that the number is dialed the same, as in other countries. But as we have learned, dialing a cell phone number changes depending on where and what type of phone the call is made from.
I will use our cell phone number to explain the various changes.
- Technically all cell phone numbers start with a 15 resulting in example number being (02944) 15 204-572.
- If you are dialing from a cell phone to a cell phone you don’t need to dial the 15. Example: (02944) 204-572.
- If you are dialing from a land-line to a cell phone you must dial the 15 giving you (02944) 15 204-572.
- Please note if you are calling from the same area code, you need not dial the area code, 15 204-572.
- If you are dialing a cell phone from outside the country, begin with the international access code (in the US it is 011), add 54 for the country code, remove the 0 from the area code, replace with a 9, then take out the 15 before the number = 011 54 (92944) 204-572.
Who would of known that various numbers and combinations exist just to makes a cell phone call.
Hope this helps you connect the next time you have to make a cell phone call in Argentina.